SA 3.0.0, what other local cf files?

Rick Cooper rcooper at DWFORD.COM
Wed Sep 29 12:34:49 IST 2004

<snip>

> I am still struggling with SURBL too. The output from the above command
> makes me believe that SURBL is working (some snippets):
> debug: diag: module installed: URI, version 1.33
> debug: running uri tests; score so far=-3.174
> debug: plugin: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL=HASH(0x90a8458)
> implements 'check_tick'
> debug: plugin: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL=HASH(0x90a8458)
> implements 'check_post_dnsbl'
> debug: running uri tests; score so far=0.222
>
> At the end of the lot:
> debug:
> tests=ALL_TRUSTED,BAYES_50,DCC_CHECK,MISSING_HEADERS,MISSING_SUBJE
> CT,NO_REAL_NAME
> debug:
> subtests=__HAS_MSGID,__MSGID_OK_DIGITS,__MSGID_OK_HOST,__SANE_MSGI
> D,__UNUSABLE_MSGID
>

> But mails never get scored for URI hits. I *assume* my SpamAssassin
> install is ok and really haven't got a clue what to look for now.
>
> Any hints greatly appreciated :)

did you get "debug: RBL: success for 1 of 1 queries"? and are you running
that command as the user who runs SA? (mail, or whatever)? I am attaching a
message file (the names have been changed to protect the innocent, er me)
that hits about five RBL rules and five SURBL rules (from my own corpus)
that you can use to test with spamassassin --test < bad.msg but make sure
you run the tests as the user that runs SA, incase there are any permission
problems you are not aware of.

Rick

believed to be clean.