SA 3.0.0, what other local cf files?

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Wed Sep 29 09:24:23 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
> Just for chuckles and grins, su to the user that runs SA and do a
> spamassassin -D --lint 2>&1 | less
>
> and look at your DNS test section toward the top of output. I had noticed
> that 8 out of 10 times I would see a failure notice. I could immediately dig
> the host that could not be reached and it would resolve instantly. I made
> sure all the network/dns perl mods were current and that wouldn't matter. I
> added dns_available (in the spamassassin.prefs file) with a list of MY
> servers that I knew were resolvable forward and reverse and it would still
> fail. I then added "dns_available yes" and all the problems were gone. I
> still have to look into why SA was failing without forcing it to skip the
> availability tests. (yes caching dns server, no default not 127.0.0.1, bind9
> latest). If you see a failure, and you have working DNS, add the
> dns_available yes to your spam.assassin.prefs.conf and see what happens.

I am still struggling with SURBL too. The output from the above command
makes me believe that SURBL is working (some snippets):
debug: diag: module installed: URI, version 1.33
debug: running uri tests; score so far=-3.174
debug: plugin: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL=HASH(0x90a8458)
implements 'check_tick'
debug: plugin: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL=HASH(0x90a8458)
implements 'check_post_dnsbl'
debug: running uri tests; score so far=0.222

At the end of the lot:
debug:
tests=ALL_TRUSTED,BAYES_50,DCC_CHECK,MISSING_HEADERS,MISSING_SUBJECT,NO_REAL_NAME
debug:
subtests=__HAS_MSGID,__MSGID_OK_DIGITS,__MSGID_OK_HOST,__SANE_MSGID,__UNUSABLE_MSGID

But mails never get scored for URI hits. I *assume* my SpamAssassin
install is ok and really haven't got a clue what to look for now.

Any hints greatly appreciated :)

With regard to the problem with Bayes, on one box I simply wiped out the
complete databases and then installed SA 3.0. I have sufficient
honey-pots to retrain the database in record time anyways.