ClamAV 0.80rc3

Rick Cooper rcooper at DWFORD.COM
Wed Sep 29 00:21:01 IST 2004

Either you do not have the curl development package installed, or no curl at
all. Either install curl or try adding --without-libcurl to your ./configure
line. the latest clamav will follow urls embedded in your emails and check
the links for a virus as well as the attached files. It works pretty slick.
I have tested it with exiscan but it's not usable with MS, even if you patch
it to use the CL_SCAN_MAILURI flag since MailScanner doesn't hand the entire
message, as a whole, to the virus scanner.

If you have no way to use it you might as well disable it anyway. It's also
not recommended for use with heavily loaded mail systems since it causes
clam to call curl and download the link(s) to scan.

Rick

believed to be clean.