Extraneous msg with MS 4.34.7-1 autoupdate?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Sep 28 19:36:38 IST 2004

That will be the champagne I had after lunch getting its own back. I forgot
to add the generic-wrapper and generic-autoupdate to the RPM packages.

The missing files are attached. They should go in /usr/lib/MailScanner
along with all the other -wrapper and -autoupdate scripts.

At 19:24 28/09/2004, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I just installed the MS 4.34.7-1 RPM on to a Fedora Core 2 / Exim 4.34 /
>Sophos box. Everthing seems to be running fine except I get the
>following message during the hourly autoupdates:
>
>/etc/cron.hourly/update_virus_scanners:
>
>/usr/sbin/update_virus_scanners: line 34:
>/usr/lib/MailScanner/generic-wrapper: No such file or directory

You can safely ignore this, but if you install the attached files the
message should go away.

    [ Part 2, Application/OCTET-STREAM (Name: "generic-wrapper")  3.3KB. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]

    [ Part 3, Application/OCTET-STREAM (Name: "generic-autoupdate")  ]
    [ 1.2KB. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]

    [ Part 4: "Attached Text" ]

--