user_prefs file

Jeff Graves jeff at IMAGE-SRC.COM
Tue Sep 28 16:09:47 IST 2004

According to the config file:
---------------
# The per-user files (bayes, auto-whitelist, user_prefs) are looked
# for here and in ~/.spamassassin/. Note the files are mutable.
# If this is unset then no extra places are searched for.
# If using Postfix, you probably want to set this as shown in the
example
# line at the end of this comment, and do
#      mkdir /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
#      chown postfix.postfix /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
#SpamAssassin User State Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
---------------

So I added a user_prefs file to my home directory for testing:
---------------
[root at mailsrv .spamassassin]# ls -la
total 12
drwx------    2 jeff     mailusers     4096 Sep 28 10:44 .
drwx------    5 jeff     mailusers     4096 Sep 26 04:27 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 jeff     mailusers     1275 Sep 24 14:34 user_prefs
---------------

And here's the user_prefs file:
---------------
score SPAMCOP_URI_RBL 6.0
score WS_URI_RBL 6.0
score OB_URI_RBL 6.0
score PH_URI_RBL 6.0
score JP_URI_RBL 6.0
---------------

But when looking at the headers from a piece of spam that came in, the
custom values I used for these checks didn't take hold:
---------------

Those values specified in the headers are the default values for the
site. How do I define per-user values? Also, there's no auto-whitelist
file in my .spamassassin directory even though I have enabled auto
whilelisting in the MailScanner.conf file. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Jeff Graves, MCSA
Customer Support Engineer
Image Source, Inc.