Configuring sendmail to drop invalid users

kfliong kfliong at WOFS.COM
Tue Sep 28 09:17:14 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Hi all,

As you know, i was having "joe-job" attack yesterday. I have since fixed it
by adding the script provided by Steve to sendmail.cf file.

I now want to refine script by allowing only mails sent to valid users.
Those mails send to invalid users currently goes to catchall account. And I
have configured catchall to go to /dev/null. But this is not good enough as
these mails are still keep in queues and then processed by mailscanner. Is
there a way to drop these mails directly from MTA level?

I have looked in the link in mailscanner.info that teaches how to check for
valid users but that uses windows active directory users. I am using ensim
pro on the same box with sendmail. Any solution to this?

Thanks in advance.