Urgent help needed...please!!

kfliong kfliong at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 11:56:44 IST 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:42:04 +0100, Kevin Spicer <kevins at bmrb.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 10:45, kfliong wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >

> > My server is getting bomb by tons of emails. So bad that it make the
> > load of my server to go up to 15. Sometimes even more than 20. I found
> > out that we are getting lots of mails where the from is empty and the
> > subject vary as below :
>
> Are they directed to the same user at your domain (often joe jobs are),
> does that user really exist?  If not you can just discard all mail to
> that user.  If they are being sent to a number of users that don't
> really exist then you need to use a technique to only accept valid mail.

they are directed to random generated username. Definitely not from
within my server but if it is, i have no way of check as the mail i
received cannot be traced the sender. IP is from random servers.

Yes, i want the technique to only accept valid mails without going
through Mailscanner as what is happening now and what i have already
tried.

> Are you certain that none of the spam is originating from within your
> domain?  I've been joe-jobbed a couple of times and never had that sort
> of volume of mail.  Maybe I've just been lucky (relatively speaking).

nope...not from my own domain.