SpamAssassin installation could not be found?

Jon Beets Jon.Beets at PACER.COM
Mon Sep 27 00:22:59 IST 2004

I stopped spamd from starting...

When I run MailScanner in debug mode this is the error I get:

SpamAssassin installation could not be found at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/SA.pm line 119

I looked at the location where the files should be and they are there.

Jon Beets

-----Original Message-----
Of Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2004 3:30 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: SpamAssassin installation could not be found?

> Hello...
>
> I recently installed MailScanner 4.33 and SpamAssassin 3.0 on a Raq550
>
> If I have "use spamassassin = no" in MailScanner.conf the
> maillog shows spamd and MailScanner scanning messages but
> MailScanner is not calling spamassassin. However if I set
> "use spamassassin yes" I see this constantly in the maillog:
>
> Sep 26 12:52:04 www MailScanner[3934]: MailScanner E-Mail
> Virus Scanner version 4.33.3 starting...
> Sep 26 12:52:04 www MailScanner[3934]: SpamAssassin
> installation could not be found.
>
> I do not understand what is causing this.. Both installs were
> upgrades from older versions.
>
> I also see that there is a /var/run/MailScanner.pid,
> shouldn't there also be a /var/run/spamassassin.pid?
>
> Jon Beets
> Relative Linux Noob...

MailScanner calls spamassassin's routines etc., directly so DO NOT start
spamd. If spamd is running you are doing something wrong.

I would recommend you read the manual:
http://www.fsl.com/support/MailScanner-Manual-Version-1.0.1.pdf

Or get the book:
http://www.cafepress.com/mailscanner2,mailscanner.13170076