MailScanner+SpamAssassin SQL User Preferences

Edmond Yeoh shearmagic at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 08:26:19 IST 2004

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask if anyone have managed to load user-based spam
rules from a mysql database.

I have did the following in the configuration file, but it does not work.

  user_scores_dsn                       DBI:mysql:spam:localhost
  user_scores_sql_username        spam
  user_scores_sql_password        pass
  user_scores_sql_table               userpref

>From my research so far, I found out that MailScanner's use of
spamassassin does not use the spamc / spamd but calls the perl
function library directly.

Can anyone provide some hints on what can be done to load the user
spam rules from a database? Any kind of help / comments would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edmond