SpamAssassin 3.0 upgrade on Debian

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Sat Sep 25 20:16:00 IST 2004

Of Alex Pimperton
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2004 12:36 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: SpamAssassin 3.0 upgrade on Debian

Hi
I upgraded SpamAssassin to the latest unstable debian package this morning
(3.0.0-1) and this has broken mailscanner.
I get the following in the syslog:
Sep 25 18:19:12 server01 MailScanner[20127]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus
Scanner version 4.33.3 starting...

Sep 25 18:19:13 server01 MailScanner[20127]: SpamAssassin installation could
not be found
And with the debug settings on I get this:
server01:~# /usr/sbin/check_mailscanner

Starting MailScanner...
In Debugging mode, not forking...
SpamAssassin installation could not be found at
/usr/share/MailScanner/MailScanner/SA.pm line 119
I've looked in the file mentioned at line 119 but it seems to be code to
print the error.
I'm guessing that the new spamassassin changes the location of something but
I can't seem to find what it is.

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks

Alex