MailScanner upgrade question.

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Sep 25 14:14:21 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
I did some more work on this script yesterday, adding a few more modules to
it to improve the behaviour of the RPM version.

At 20:40 24/09/2004, you wrote:
>I finally bit the bullet and upgraded this morning. I also used Julian's
>install.sh for the latest and greatest ClamAV and SA. The SA seemed to have
>a problem so I'll have to go back and look at that. I think it was a pod2man
>dependency problem and have ran into that before but can't remember what I
>did to fix it.
>
>But my question for now is... the following is the output of MailScanner -v.
>I see at the bottom there are a few missing, I don't use LDAP and don't know
>what SAVI is, but is "missing Mail::ClamAV" a problem?

SAVI is Sophos's equivalent of Mail::ClamAV. Mail::ClamAV is a perl module
which allows you to use the "clamavmodule" scanner in MailScanner.conf.
It's not needed if you use "clamav", only if you use "clamavmodule".

Julian Field