MailScanner book came today

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Sep 24 21:45:29 IST 2004

All down to a bug in Word, would you believe it. If you create the index in
normal/page view, it wraps the text differently from when in Print Preview.
So the page numbers come out all wrong.
Really sorry about this.
Corrected index is attached.

At 20:51 24/09/2004, you wrote:
>I received my copy of Julian's MailScanner book today. Was excited to use
>it, as I needed to look something up right away...
>
>First, thanks for producing it... but...
>
>The index pages are wrong. I wanted to look up info on the 'sendmail='
>option, which is listed as being on page 268 (along with a number of other
>items). Page 268 is a blank page between chapters. I have not found any
>other indicies that work yet. Razor is listed as being on page 155, 282, and
>284. The word Razor appears on 155, no mention of it on 282 or 284, nor any
>pages near those.
>
>Inline HTML Signature is shown as being on pg 253, which is a cover page. I
>found that entry on pg 244.
>
>Julian, as an index is important for reference use, could a corrected index
>be posted somewhere so we could print it out and glue it into our books?

    [ Part 2, Application/PDF  32KB. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]

    [ Part 3: "Attached Text" ]

--