Skipping filename checks inside zip files

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Thu Sep 23 22:37:41 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Matt Brodeur wrote:
>>>Could someone clarify whether setting this to "0" still allows
>>>virus scanning within the archive?
>>
>>Yes, archives will still be virus scanned, regardless of what you set this
>>to.
>
>    Great, thanks.  I'll stop with the dumb questions now.

MS has been able to scan zip files for viruses for a long time but the
possibility to apply filename/type rules to zip files is a more recent
addition to MS so the mentioned setting is only for that, not for virus
scanning. Since you're new it can be hard to see through this but don't
feel dumb, it's hard for the rest of us too. :-) MS has over 200
settings now.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun