SA 3.0 and RBLs

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Thu Sep 23 19:29:02 IST 2004

In the past, I've turned off RBL checking in SA, and let MailScanner do it.
Now that SA incorporates the SURBL stuff in it (the BigEvil stuff) should I
turn RBL checking on in SA and off in MS?  I wasn't using SURBL before - my
mail load is pretty humble (between 1K and 2K a day) so the mailservers
didn't grumble too much using BigEvil.

As an aside, I was noticing a lot of timeouts in SA yesterday, so I began
poking around.  Had a lot of bayes_toks.expire* files.  Ran a sa-learn
--sync --force-expire and then deleted the expire files.  That seems to have
cleared up the timeouts.  The --force-expire didn't get rid of any of the
expiry files - had to delete them by hand but maybe that's the norm, I
dunno.  No biggie either way.  Didn't seem to slow SA 2.6x down much.
Searched the archives, then set auto expire to 0 so hopefully it won't build
back up in the future.  I'll let MS handle it with the Rebuild Bayes Every
option.

TIA...

...Kevin
CBJ MIS Dept.               Network Systems Administrator, Mail
Administrator
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500