What is going on? Totally bizzare

Dave torontodss at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 23 17:33:36 IST 2004

Even if there is only one message to process it doesn't do anything just
sites there and does nothing.

I think I know what's going on, 5 children is a no go on this machine, just
doesn't like it. 2 children sometimes works.
1 child it works 100%. But even at 2 children the process load isn't that
much, at that point I start to get a lot of SA
timeouts. But at 1 it's fine! Go figure. Turned off Spam Logging and it
works fine at 1 child but iffy at 2.

What's the average people are seeing in processing mail per-minute? I just a
few tests, and seems like I'm able to chew away
at 10 messages a-minute.

-----Original Message-----
Of Julian Field
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 11:51 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: What is going on? Totally bizzare

If you aren't logging spam, it will sit there silently doing all the spam
analysis on the message batch before doing anything else. This can take
quite a while, depending on your spam settings. If something is wrong with
your network connection, this could be a few minutes.

--
Julian Field
www.MailScanner.info

mailscanner' in the body of the email. Before posting, read the MAQ
(http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and the archives
(http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).