Problems with 4.33.3 starting

Dan Spray dan.spray at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 15:40:49 IST 2004

Hello,

I recently upgraded MailScanner to  4.33.3 on  both of my scanning
computers from the previous version of 4.29.  One computer worked just
fine installed with no errors and runs, I think, better than 4.29.
However, the other computer, which has identical configurations had a
few bugs.  First of all I should say that I have to mailscanner.conf
files.  One of them has Virus Scanning enabled and SpamAssassin = on,
the other has these 2 turned off.  Because of a very high volume of
mail at certain times I usually copied the "off" configuration to the
running config to help lower the queue numbers.  Since I have put in
4.33.3 the "on" configuration works fine but the "off" configuration
gives me this error when starting MailScanner with debug on:

[root at nabu MailScanner]# check_mailscanner
Starting MailScanner...
In Debugging mode, not forking...
/usr/sbin/check_mailscanner: line 118: 31192 Segmentation fault
$process $config

Now, the funny thing is that the other server works just fine with the
same "off" configuration in place.

Any help with this would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dan