Debian MailScanner Package 4.33-2

Alex Pimperton alex at ERUS.CO.UK
Wed Sep 22 17:32:58 IST 2004

damian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to do an apt-get for the Debian Packages, but ti return me with
> the following error.
>

> debianmail:/etc/init.d# apt-get install mailscanner
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Suggested packages:
>   clamav f-prot-installer libnet-ldap-perl
>   mailscanner
> 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 415 not upgraded.
> 9 not fully installed or removed.
>did you do apt-get update first?
>Maybe you need some of the "415 not updated" to be updated.

>apt-get dist-upgrade maybe?

I've installed the new Debian package recently and have had a few problems
but the install wasn't one of them.

Damian is probably right, you probably need one of the packages you haven't
updated.

Try an apt-get update followed by apt-get upgrade (not dist-upgrade unless
you want to move up a distro)

Also, unless your on dialup I'd run apt-get clean to purge the downloaded
package, and then re-download it, in case the package has been corrupted in
any way.

Alex