What is going on? Totally bizzare

Dave torontodss at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 22 17:10:29 IST 2004

I'm in the process of setting up a box with MS. I think I have everything
set correctly and it's filtering emails,
BUT it seems to work 100% when I'm in debug mode!!

The system is a 700Mhz with almost 400 megs memory.
I am currently testing it with fetchmail.(Long story), but it works fine.

So when I run MS with debug set to YES(also SA debug on), the system load is
under 2(using uptime/top),
I placed 150 spam messages into the pop account I'm fetching mail from.(I
have a pop account with over 1000 spam
emails). MS starts to process the messages about 30 at a time, I keep
reloading the MS service and it continues
to process the emails. All is well...

So I figure everything is working fine, turn off the debug and reload MS.
NOW the load on the system is up to 5+
nothing in the logs to show it's processing anything.
And if something does show up on the logs, it's timeout messages either from
SA or RBL's

Am I doing something stupid? OR am I missing something here?