RPM-based install package for ClamAV and SpamAssassin 3

Wed Sep 22 14:09:22 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Remco

could always install the things from CPAN..

or would that break all the RM based stuff?

also is it just me (!) or do alot of people have problems with RPM
installed perl modules, rather than hand/CPAN installed flavours?

If this is the case then maybe we should be encouraging people to
install any modules via CPAN rather than RPM????

just a random post lunchtime thought...

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Remco Barendse wrote:
> Now that MailScanner reports which modules are missing to get
> SpamAssassin 3 working I will have another go at having the rpm version
> installed.
>
> After installing several extra perl modules that were included with the
> distro I still have these open:
>

> Net::LDAP
> This module is not included in my distro, nor is it included in the
> install-CLAM-SA tarball.
>

> perl-Digest-MD5
> Is not updated with the rpm from the package. Rebuilding the rpm and then
> trying to rpm -Uvh gives this error:
>         file /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Digest/MD5.pm
> from install of perl-Digest-MD5-2.33-1 conflicts with file from package
> perl-5.8.0-88.7
>

> perl-Net-DNS-0.48-1
> Is not updated with the rpm from the package. Rebuilding the rpm and then
> trying to rpm -Uvh gives this error:
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         perl(Win32::Registry) is needed by perl-Net-DNS-0.48-1
>

> missing SAVI
> This module is not included in my distro, nor is it included in the
> install-CLAM-SA tarball.
>

> perl-Sys-Hostname-Long
> Is not installed from the rpm in the tarball. Rebuilding the rpm
> and then trying to rpm -ivh gives this error:
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         perl(Win32::TieRegistry) is needed by perl-Sys-Hostname-Long-1.2-1
>

> All input is welcome :)

the system manager.