RPM-based install package for ClamAV and SpamAssassin 3

Remco Barendse mailscanner at barendse.to
Wed Sep 22 13:42:48 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Now that MailScanner reports which modules are missing to get
SpamAssassin 3 working I will have another go at having the rpm version
installed.

After installing several extra perl modules that were included with the
distro I still have these open:

Net::LDAP
This module is not included in my distro, nor is it included in the
install-CLAM-SA tarball.

perl-Digest-MD5
Is not updated with the rpm from the package. Rebuilding the rpm and then
trying to rpm -Uvh gives this error:
         file /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Digest/MD5.pm
from install of perl-Digest-MD5-2.33-1 conflicts with file from package
perl-5.8.0-88.7

perl-Net-DNS-0.48-1
Is not updated with the rpm from the package. Rebuilding the rpm and then
trying to rpm -Uvh gives this error:
error: Failed dependencies:
         perl(Win32::Registry) is needed by perl-Net-DNS-0.48-1

missing SAVI
This module is not included in my distro, nor is it included in the
install-CLAM-SA tarball.

perl-Sys-Hostname-Long
Is not installed from the rpm in the tarball. Rebuilding the rpm
and then trying to rpm -ivh gives this error:
error: Failed dependencies:
         perl(Win32::TieRegistry) is needed by perl-Sys-Hostname-Long-1.2-1

All input is welcome :)