Double filename/extension query

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Tue Sep 21 18:02:17 IST 2004

Up until now we've never had any issues with blocking double file extensions
using the default ruleset.
Unfortunately one of our more important clients gets files every morning
from a call center in the format:

20Sep04-20Sep04.txt.eee

"file" tells me:
20Sep04-20Sep04.txt.eee: data

(I'd love to know what is producing them....)

The problem is this. How can I allow these filenames to be delivered to our
client BUT disallow them from all others?

I know it can be done via a ruleset, but I've only ever used them for
whitelist/blacklist/signature type things
Should I call it like:
MailScanner.conf
Filename Rules = %etc-dir%/filename.rules

In filename.rules
What do I put in here?

filename.rules.conf  << - do I leave that as is?

Sorry, but I am as confused about how to do this as this email appears :(

Michele

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
Hosting, co-location & domains