Includes in ruleset files?

Derek Winkler dwinkler at ALGORITHMICS.COM
Mon Sep 20 19:30:07 IST 2004

> Is there a sample 'config compiler' setup out there someplace I could
> see as an example?  I'm a linux newbie, so just cranking out a shell
> script or whatever isnt second nature, yet.

A simple case may be to just use cat to combine a bunch of files, just do
this on a regular basis.

eg.

cat /opt/MailScanner/etc/rules/spam.whitelist.rules.domain1
/opt/MailScanner/etc/rules/spam.whitelist.rules.domain2 >
/opt/MailScanner/etc/rules/spam.whitelist.rules

or

Use cpp to support includes...

cpp /opt/MailScanner/etc/rules/spam.whitelist.rules.src >
/opt/MailScanner/etc/rules/spam.whitelist.rules

The file spam.whitelist.rules.src can then include lines like:
#include "<filename>"

The trick is how often and when you run the script.

Good luck

---

proprietary to Algorithmics Incorporated and its affiliates
("Algorithmics").  If received in error, use is prohibited.  Please destroy,
and notify sender.  Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege.
Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or
virus-free.  Algorithmics does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions.  Any commitment intended to bind Algorithmics must be reduced to
writing and signed by an authorized signatory.