New Guy - Bayes, MS MTRG help please?

Greg Deputy greg at BLASTZONE.COM
Fri Sep 17 20:35:26 IST 2004

> anyone point
> >me in the direction of some troubleshooting info for the MailScanner
> >MTRG stuff, or is there any info I can provide to answer
> questions on
> >what might be broken?
> >

>  From memory the MailScanner MRTG package is designed to work
> with Sendmail so not all the reports 'work'

Ok, that explains it, thanks.  Is there any way to get it to work with
postfix, or should I just look for a MTRG package/configuration that
does postix?

> >spamassassin is working, its bayes stuff, etc, but cant seem
> to get it
> >to work.  From the command line everything appears like the bayes
> >filtering is ok, but it never seems to hit through mailscanner.
> >

> Check the permissions of the bayes_* files. They must be rw
> by the postfix user

Ok, trying that.  Yup, files are not permissioned correctly.  Fixed,
waiting to see if it works now.

> Providing you have set up MailScanner with Postfix using the
> 'Hold queue' method (as described) then you shouldn't have
> any problems. Search the archives you will see this has been
> covered before (Some more emotionally than others ;-) )

I set it up as Tim referenced at the page

 http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/postfix.shtml

Is that the 'hold queue' method you refer to?

Thanks for the help!