RIP act

Fri Sep 17 10:41:43 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
David

Depends on what the email policy says, and if this is signed up by the
user. An actual bit of paper with their signature helps. We have this in
the standard staff handbook which evreyone signs up on working here.

If you've got a clause about monitoring for complaince/abuse purposes
for email/internet/telehpone/fax then you'll be OK.

*But* given that RIP and the Human Rights Acts contradict each other, it
all a bit grey until this is clarified by a judge in a court case (ie
the current laws are interpretted).

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

David While wrote:
> This is really for UK people:
>
> What are people's thoughts about the use of quaratining messages which
> then need to be manually viewed by someone other than the intended
> recipient?
>
> Is this legal under the RIP act?

> David While BSc CEng MBCS CITP
> Technical Development Manager