ANNOUNCE: Beta 4.34.2

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Sep 15 20:41:19 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
At 20:26 15/09/2004, you wrote:
>Julian,
>
>    You may already know this, but there is apparently a MIME-tools 5.4.13
> now,
>though my attempt to download it from CPAN failed.  I attempted to upgrade
>MIME-tools and MIME-Base64 for my 4.33.3 version, and got the following
>message at MS startup:

The only difference between 5.412 and 5.413 is the version number, he got
the version number wrong in a few of the files. There is no difference in
the functionality at all.

The new MIME-tools code won't work with current stable MailScanners as a
load of version numbers have been removed where they weren't relevant. This
is why I released it as a whole package, you need the MailScanner,
MIME-tools and MIME-Base64 to match as a set.

>FATAL: Newer MIME-tools module needed: 1.4  is only MIME::Words -- 5.404
>required at /opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner line 886

That's caused by having an older MailScanner than is possible with the new
MIME-tools.
--
Julian Field