mailscanner and apple-mails

Michael Weis wm at META.NET
Tue Sep 14 11:12:03 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Hi,

when my apple-users send an email with an attachment
mailscanner says:
cant  analyze email,

The corresponding entry in the syslog of the mailserver (running
CommuniGatePro 3.5.2)
says:
--------MailScanner[26397]: Cannot parse
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/26397/32413.header and , --------

I found out, that the apple-mail-clients break down emails with one or
more attachments
into several more attachments (59 in the current email)
but I'm not shure if this is the reason why mailscanner couldn't analyze.

I know that there is an entry in the Mailscanner.conf-file where you can
set the
max-number of attachments, but I think this isn't the right way to solve
the problem.

Here are my software-revisions:
mailscanner V. 4.25.14
spamassassin 2.63
SuSE Linux 7.3
perl 5  5.6.1

TIA

Greetings

Michael

PS I really really searched the mailscanner-archives and google and and
for a problem like this
       it seems that this has never happend (can't believe)