spamassassin rules

James Gray james_gray at ocs.com
Tue Sep 14 02:46:58 IST 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 03:42 am, Peter Bonivart wrote:
> Joe Stuart wrote:
> > Is it possible to store custom spamassassin rules in separate files
> > instead of putting them all in the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file?  I'm
> > adding rules from rulesemporium.com.
>
> I put my rules in /etc/mail/spamassassin/. Just name the file/s .cf.
>
> --
> /Peter Bonivart

...and be aware SpamAssassin loads them in alphabetical order based on their
file names, eg,

Load order:       File name:
1.                00_z_foo.cf
2.                01_a_bar.cf
3.                1_baz.cf
4.                10_another.cf
5.                Alfalfa.cf  (notice captial first letter)
6.                alfalfa.cf
7.                brussel_sprout.cf
nn.               zzzz.cf

So if you have a bunch of "meta" rules (or something) that other rules depend
on, you might want to consider forcing the load order with preceding the file
names with zero-leading padded numbers, like I did above in the first 2
examples.

Have a look at Spamassassin's default rules for a better example :)

Cheers,

James