Bayes not running

Alex Laslavic alaslavic at HAVERTYS.COM
Mon Sep 13 19:20:07 IST 2004

MailScanner mailing list <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK> wrote on 09/13/2004
12:58:13 PM:

> If you have everything listed in messages, and just still not running,
check
> if your upgrad did not damaged your bayes.
>
> If you copied the old bays and upgrade then to a new version of
> spamassassin, check if it wasnt damaged. SpamAssassin RC3 just damaged my
> bayes.
>
> Felipe Tonioli

Thanks for all the answers folks.  I'm sorta going to try to answer
everyones questions in one message.  I copied the bayes files from the old
server to the new one.  It went from SA 2.63 to SA 2.64.  spamassassin -C
/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf -D --lint ties sucessfully to the
bayes files, and even puts a bayes score on the test done by --lint.

In MailScanner.conf, I have the spamassassin directory set to
/mnt/data/spamassassin/bayes.  The files and directories are all R/W to the
postfix user and group.  I also have the bayes path in
spam.assassin.prefs.conf set to /mnt/data/spamassassin/bayes/bayes .  I
guess my real question is, why would bayes be working with a spamassassin
-C /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf -D --lint, but not when
MailScanner is actually running?