Report "Message too large" to sender?

Sebastian Plosarek sastian at OP.PL
Sun Sep 12 09:32:06 IST 2004

Hello all,

Recently we were forced to limit the size of messages sent by our network's
users due to heavy traffic caused by "junk mail" - movies, wav files etc.
Earlier we turned off reports to avoid excess internet traffic caused by
sending notices to infected mail senders.
What we would like to do is to send notices about the exceeded mail size to
senders, but to local senders only. Is there a way to configure MailScanner
to send only notices saying "Message too large" and only to local users
(i.e. to senders from a certain domain)?

I'd be grateful for your help.

Best regards,
Sebastian