filename rules inside of an archive

Michael Caplan worker at MOMPOPMEDIA.COM
Thu Sep 9 16:41:09 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Hi,

I'm pretty new to MailScanner and its wonderful ways.  I hope this
question is not a tired one:

I need to configure MailScanner so that it will check the contents of
all archives against filename.rules.conf (as it does by default), except
I need to make an exception for zip file contents.  In
filename.rules.conf I have .exe files banned.  I want to allow them to
pass in .zip files, provided that they pass my virus scanner (ClamAV).
For the time being I set Maximum Archive Depth = 0 in order to avoid
filename checks in Zips outright (a bad temp solution).  How would one
go about such a setup (if it is possible)?

I searched through the List and FAQ to see if my question has already
been answered with no luck.

Thanks!

Michael