install postfix

Matthijs Althoff m.althoff at BROMBERG.XS4ALL.NL
Wed Sep 8 22:47:00 IST 2004

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 18:48:35 +0100, Julian Field
<mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:

First of all thank you for having a look at my configuration. Nothing seems
strange that makes it even complexer.

>chkconfig sendmail off
>service sendmail stop
>chkconfig MailScanner on
>service MailScanner start
>haven't you? I just want to ensure that your original sendmail processes
>aren't also running the queues...

This is something I start after I install a new mailscanner version.I have
done a clean postfix installation without mailscanner and even then this
happends from time to time. So I returned to sendmail with mailscanner.
Strange is if I use the webmail client from my provider and write a message
to a email address which is handled by bsmtp. I can see it going wrong,
instead of seeing the message being send the message gets stuck in the
inbox from the providers webmail client and while taking a look
at /var/spool/user I see the double mesage. After doing a service
mailscanner restart the problems is sometimes) solved for a little while.
I'm not 100% sure yet but if I send a message right after doing a service
mailscanner restart it may double up I will have to take a closer look into
this.  Strange enough neather of the users who receive there email from a
pop3 server by fetchmail seem to have this problem. The same goes for a
message send from my workstation handled by my mta and returned, neather
seems to double up.