reverse MCP

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at RFA.ORG
Wed Sep 8 21:24:59 IST 2004

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 09:38:55PM +0200, Remco Barendse wrote:
> Why would you want to do that?
>
> I guess it would be easier to create a sort rule in your MUA or create
> different mailboxes and subscribe to each mailinglist with a different
> e-mail address. I use several mailboxes, especially high volume lists are
> extremely annoying to have between your regular mail.

Oh, of course that would be very annoying. I already use procmail to
filter each list to it's own box, usually based on the List-id: header
or equivalent.

My interest is in weeding out everything that isn't relevant to me. For
instance, and purely for example, if I were subscribed to an extremely
high volume list like the linux kernel mailing list I could settup MCP
rules and scores for various keywords or phrases of interest to me:
specific drivers, filesystems, netfilter changes, etc. Messages with
lots of keywords or phrases pertinent to me would score high and
messages lacking pertinence would score low. Then I could define ranges
of scores in procmailrc to get prioritized mboxes.

Julian, does the MCP SA include bayes support? If so it could be trained
to recognized the probability of pertinence. :)

-Eric Rz.

PS sorry for hi-jacking the thread ... I meant to delete the In-Reply-To
header. :-\ I'll leave it now, though, since there are already further