reverse MCP

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at RFA.ORG
Wed Sep 8 20:26:28 IST 2004

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 07:39:59PM +0100, Julian Field wrote:
> That's what MCP is designed to do. Read
> www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/mcp/
> and it should tell you a bit of what to do.
>
> MCP is a special copy of SpamAssassin designed specifically for keyword
> spotting and the like. You can easily configure the MCP Actions to block
> the message.

Could MCP be used in reverse? I'm thinking of using it to rank mailing
list messages (not just this list) and sort them into high, mid and low
relevance/priority mboxes. It seems like this should be doable using MCP
to tag and procmail to filter based on the scores in those tags. Would
it matter much if it was used to give high scores to highly relevant
messages instead of sticking with the usual spamassassin paradigm of
high scoring being least desirable?

-Eric Rz.