Forwarded mail lets spam through

Wed Sep 8 16:01:06 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Matt

don't use bigevil.cf, its absolutely huge (go on look at the size:-)

do use the surbl.org an spamcop_uri plugin which uses the same
data..which you say you are using, so take out he bigevil rules..it's
duplicating work.

I'd also look at drip feeding in the SARE rules from
www.rulesemporium.com, one at time and see how that helps.

as your original question have you looked at creating a ruleset for

Spam Checks = %rules-dir%/spam.rules

which in my case doesn't scan email the come from my LAN.

you should be able to pop in a rule that doesn't scan from this
particular host.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Matt Bullock wrote:
> Thanks for the replies, Karanbir and Ugo.
>
> I am running SA with RBL's, URI's etc. and these others:
>
> 99_FVGT_Tripwire.cf  bigevil.cf                bogus-virus-warnings.cf
> random.current.cf  spamcop_uri.cf
> antidrug.cf          bigevil.cf.20040902-0008  evilnumbers.cf
>

> Regards,
>
> Matt Bullock
> Troika Networks, Inc.
> Network Administrator