dbf file corruption?

No Name egtswnzxkeec at spammotel.com
Wed Sep 8 10:56:49 IST 2004

>>This may be a quoted-printable encoding problem, due to a bug in Outlook
>>which causes it to break qp-encoded files in a few situations. We are
>>working on a workaround for this, hopefully we will have something ready soon.

>>The most common case by far is windows-generated pdf files sent from
>>Outlook. It incorrectly qp encodes these files which breaks them as it gets
>>the qp encoding wrong :-(

Foregive me to jump in here, but I am quite new to MailScanner and
interrested how this could happen.

In the doks it is stated:

"To minimise any chance of message corruption, any messages that are found to be entirely
clean and uninfected are moved directly between the two queues; no attempt is made to
rebuild them from their constituent MIME entities. A message is only rebuilt from its MIME
entities if an infection or dangerous filename was found, causing the replacement of the
attachment with a text message. "

So how could this happen ?
If I read this correct the whole message should have been passed to the output queue
untouched ?

Sorry if I missed anything obious here.

Frank