Using Rules to sign Clean Messages

Michael H. Martel martelm at QUARK.VSC.EDU
Tue Sep 7 20:53:37 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
hello!

I'm trying to implement the Sign Clean Messages as a Ruleset in the latest
release of MailScanner (See below for versions).

In my MailScanner.conf dile I've got this.

# Add the "Inline HTML Signature" or "Inline Text Signature" to the end
# of uninfected messages?
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
#Sign Clean Messages = yes
Sign Clean Messages = /opt/VSC-MailScanner/rules/signing.rules

My signing.rules looks like this :

From:           *@hemlock.vsc.edu       yes
FromOrTo:       default                 no

Which I _thought_ that my reading of the examples would sign clean messages
from my server, but not sign any other clean messages.

I'm sure it's something stupid that I'm missing.

Thanks for any help!

[root at hemlock rules]# /opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner -v
Running on
Linux hemlock.vsc.edu 2.4.20-28.7smp #1 SMP Thu Dec 18 11:18:31 EST 2003
i686 unknown
This is Red Hat Linux release 7.3 (Valhalla)
This is Perl version 5.008005 (5.8.5)
This is MailScanner version 4.33.3
Module versions are:
1.00    AnyDBM_File