MIME-tools 5.412 Release Candidate

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Sep 7 17:55:46 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
At 17:49 07/09/2004, you wrote:
> > But doing the install MIME::Words from cpan, you got a
> > reinstallation of MIME-tools 5.411, so a jump back in the
> > release of all the package... or I'm wrong ?
> >
> > Ps. I'm using MS 4.32.5 on solaris 9 sparc.
> > --
> > Dott. Sergio Rabellino
>
>Yes, but at least it is working.  Good catch...

In which case you must reinstall the patched version of MIME-tools so that
you get all the security patches. Vanilla 5.411 is dangerous.

Thanks for trying guys. I have found a major bug in it myself, and punted
it all back to the maintainer. Hopefully rc2 will be better. I have also
made a change to /usr/sbin/MailScanner to remove most of the version number
checks as they fail with this new version.

When I point you to rc2, I will also give you a patch for MailScanner so
that the version number checks work.
--
Julian Field