MIME-tools 5.412 Release Candidate

Rabellino Sergio rabellino at DI.UNITO.IT
Tue Sep 7 17:45:03 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Randal, Phil wrote:
> MailScanner mailing list wrote:
>
>>Julian Field wrote:
>>

>>>Please could a few people test this for me?
>>>
>>>It's a new release of the MIME-tools and is available at
>>>http://www.mimedefang.org/static/MIME-tools-5.412-RC1.tar.gz
>>>
>>>Note that you must upgrade to MIME::Base64 version 3.01 or newer,
>>>before you attempt to install this new version of MIME-tools.
>>>
>>>Please can you let me know of any problems.
>>>
>>>If everything works, this will be shipped as part of the next
>>>release, and will be a compulsory upgrade as I will remove the
>>>work-arounds that I have added into MailScanner, to handle the bugs
>>>in the previous 5.411 version.
>>
>>I had some problems at the install, but now it looks ok.  I upgraded
>>MIME::Base64 and then installed MIME-tools from the package
>>and I got that:
>>
>>Shutting down MailScanner daemons:
>>          MailScanner:                                      [  OK  ]
>>          incoming sendmail:                                [  OK  ]
>>          outgoing sendmail:                                [  OK  ]
>>          Starting MailScanner daemons: incoming sendmail:
>>          [  OK  ] outgoing sendmail:
>>          [  OK  ] MailScanner:       FATAL: Newer MIME-tools module
>>needed: 1.3
>>  is only MIME::Words -- 5.404 required at
>>/usr/sbin/MailScanner line 839
>>                                                            [  OK  ]
>>[root at mta1 MIME-tools-5.412-RC1]# MailScanner -v This is Perl
>>version 5.008003 This is MailScanner version 4.32.4 Module
>>versions are:
>>1.00    AnyDBM_File
>>1.12    Archive::Zip
>>1.01    Carp
>>1.119   Convert::BinHex
>>1.00    DirHandle
>>1.05    Fcntl
>>2.72    File::Basename
>>2.07    File::Copy
>>2.01    FileHandle
>>1.06    File::Path
>>0.14    File::Temp
>>1.27    HTML::Entities
>>3.35    HTML::Parser
>>2.28    HTML::TokeParser
>>1.21    IO
>>1.10    IO::File
>>1.122   IO::Pipe
>>1.3     MIME::Decoder
>>1.1     MIME::Decoder::UU
>>1.3     MIME::Head
>>1.6     MIME::Parser
>>5.412   MIME::Tools
>>0.10    Net::CIDR
>>1.07    POSIX
>>1.76    Socket
>>0.04    Sys::Syslog
>>1.02    Time::localtime
>>
>>Then, I upgraded MIME::Words from CPAN, but I had to force
>>it, and now it seems to be working.
>

> Same problem and workaround here on Fedora Core 1.
>
> Phil

But doing the install MIME::Words from cpan, you got a reinstallation of MIME-tools 5.411, so a jump back in the release
of all the package... or I'm wrong ?

Ps. I'm using MS 4.32.5 on solaris 9 sparc.
--
Dott. Sergio Rabellino

  Technical Staff
  Department of Computer Science