RPM-based install package for ClamAV and SpamAssassin 3

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Tue Sep 7 10:14:56 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Michele Neylon:: Blacknight Solutions wrote:

>> Did you have a previous RPM version of SA? I just upgraded the tarball
>> 2.64 version with the RPM and didn't get any errors.
> It recognised a 2.5* version of SA, although the most recent version (2.64)
> had been installed either from source or from CPAN.

That happened to me once too, I had an old RPM version installed, upgraded
with a tarball but forgetting that the previous install was from RPM.

It's still possible to remove the RPM, not sure what the right command for
it is though because rpm will have to ignore several errors. The man page
of rpm helped me out.