RPM-based install package for ClamAV and SpamAssassin 3

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Tue Sep 7 09:53:28 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Michele Neylon:: Blacknight Solutions wrote:

> I tried getting this to install on one of our RedHat 9 systems last night.
> Total disaster :)
>
> It refused to install firstly as DAG's clamav DB wasn't present, so I got it
> and tried again.
> Then it wasn't happy with the version of clamav, so I installed a fresh copy
> from source - the rpms didn't make any difference

I guess it would be better for the script to do a rebuild of the SRPM then
instead of using the binary RPMS. clamav DB rpm does appear when the SRPM
is rebuilt.

> SA still refused to install, as it was conflicting with the files in
> /usr/share/spamassassin

Did you have a previous RPM version of SA? I just upgraded the tarball
2.64 version with the RPM and didn't get any errors.