RPM-based install package for ClamAV and SpamAssassin 3

Michele Neylon:: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Tue Sep 7 09:44:04 IST 2004

I tried getting this to install on one of our RedHat 9 systems last night.
Total disaster :)

It refused to install firstly as DAG's clamav DB wasn't present, so I got it
and tried again.
Then it wasn't happy with the version of clamav, so I installed a fresh copy
from source - the rpms didn't make any difference

SA still refused to install, as it was conflicting with the files in
/usr/share/spamassassin

I nuked the entire directory and tried again - no joy.

In the end I grabbed the tarball from the Spam Assassin site and did it
manually

Ah well :)

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd