Why mailscanner fails recognizing a forwarded infected.

Mirko Bovati bovati at MONDADORI.COM
Tue Sep 7 07:37:46 IST 2004

On Monday 06 September 2004 17:46, you wrote:
> At 12:39 06/09/2004, you wrote:
> >I will send the sendmail' s pair to Nai and wait for news.
> >have you got any other hints?
>
> Have you checked that the path to /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming contains
> no symlinks at all? The fact that your qf and df files you are checking

Yes, I checked. No symlinks at all. I moved qf and df only for convenience.
This is the only case I found. All other infected email I try to forward
MailScanner finds a virus. I think if it's a symlinks problem MailScanner
fails with all forward. Is not it?

In this hours I tested the same situation on a fedora core 1
mailscanner-4.32.5-1
uvscan 4.3.20

Mirko Bovati