Why mailscanner fails recognizing a forwarded infected.

Mirko Bovati bovati at MONDADORI.COM
Mon Sep 6 14:59:29 IST 2004

> I will send the sendmail' s pair to Nai and wait for news.
> have you got any other hints?

I sent the infected email to Nai, they anwered (an autoreply).
they said they detected a MIME encoded e-mail file. that's true.
So the question is: is the command line (uvscan) able to check
MIME files without any other help (module plugin etc..).

I think MailScanner does it by perl-MIME-Base64-2.12-1.src.rpm
perl-MIME-tools-5.411-pl4.3.src.rpm. Isn't?

If that's true I'm at the starting point: uvscan alone is not supposed to
check MIME files and MailScanner (at least my installation) is missing some
virus.

I am available to send the mail o the sendmail pair to test if is only my
installation affected.

thanks
Mirko