install postfix

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at NKPANAMA.COM
Sun Sep 5 19:18:40 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
BTW, remember that some RPM's will make sendmail "run on startup"
without telling you. I've seen cases where people either up2date,
apt-get or (place your package manager here) sendmail and wind up having
two of them running. Usually that'll just get you a bunch of "port is in
use" messages in the logs, but with locking gone bad I would suppose
double messages would be possible.

Also make sure you're not running anything else in front of sendmail,
like the old "sendmail sandwich" kludge that had to be applied to Trend
Micro's InterScan if you didn't want to turn your machine into a wide
open relay.