install postfix

Matthijs Althoff m.althoff at BROMBERG.XS4ALL.NL
Sun Sep 5 17:38:19 IST 2004

After a upgrade to Fecore core 2 and a newer sendmail 8.12.11 and a total
re-install and still incoming and outgoing double (sometimes even more)
messages I'm starting to get annoyed with sendmail. I'm tempted to go for
postix but this will bring some huge changes in a multi domain envoirement
with mail coming in from pop accounts and bsmtp, mailman list for
scout/guide troop and mailscanner with spamassassin. I'm looking into all
the matters before I consider to change or not I have looked at the
mailscanner.conf file for relations to postfix this would be the changes or
are there more to consider?

# User to run as (not normally used for sendmail)
# If you want to change the ownership or permissions of the quarantine or
# temporary files created by MailScanner, please see the "Incoming Work"
# settings later in this file.
#Run As User = mail
#Run As User = postfix
Run As User =

# Group to run as (not normally used for sendmail)
#Run As Group = mail
#Run As Group = postfix
Run As Group =

# Set whether to use postfix, sendmail, exim or zmailer.
# If you are using postfix, then see the "SpamAssassin User State Dir"
# setting near the end of this file
MTA = postfix

# If you are using Postfix you may well need to use some of the settings
# below, as the home directory for the "postfix" user cannot be written
# to by the "postfix" user.
# You may also need to use these if you have installed SpamAssassin
# somewhere other than the default location.

# The per-user files (bayes, auto-whitelist, user_prefs) are looked
# for here and in ~/.spamassassin/. Note the files are mutable.
# If this is unset then no extra places are searched for.
# If using Postfix, you probably want to set this as shown in the example
# line at the end of this comment, and do
#      mkdir /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
#      chown postfix.postfix /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
#SpamAssassin User State Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
SpamAssassin User State Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin