New Bayes Error

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Sun Sep 5 09:34:17 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Carinus Carelse wrote:
> Ja i have a new error messages i hope someone can shed some light on.
>
> debug: bayes: 20627 tie-ing to DB file R/O
> /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/bayes_toks
> Cannot open bayes databases /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/bayes_*
> R/O: tie failed: Invalid argument

Looks like you have blown your Bayes DB. Happened to me several times
when I used SA:s own expire mechanism. What is bayes_auto_expire set to
in spam.assassin.prefs.conf? If it's still commented out, then it's on
and it simply does not work. Set it to 0 by removing the comment and
expire from MailScanner.conf (Rebuild Bayes Every) or do it manually
from cron.

You can read more here:

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/serve/cache/303.html
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/serve/cache/317.html

You could try to stop MS and then issue "sa-learn --force-expire", if
that gives the same error you have no other choice than deleting your
Bayes files, then it will start from scratch. If you had a well trained
Bayes DB it can be worth it to restore it from backup.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun