Bayes moving

Steve Swaney Steve.Swaney at FSL.COM
Sat Sep 4 15:39:03 IST 2004

Very easy to do.

Just tar up the existing bayes directory and move that file to the target
system.

Untar the file on the target system wherever you have space, i.e
/var/local/bayes, and then add the line:

bayes_path /var/local/bayes/bayes

to your MailScanner spam.assassin.prefs.conf file. Please note the
"...../bayes/bayes" is NOT a typo but refers to the fact that all of the
files in the bayes directory start with 'bayes"

Also don't forget to make sure that your permissions on the bayes directory
and files are correct.

There are "starter" (over 200 ham and 200 spam) bayes databases available
for Linux and FreeBSD at:

         http://www.fsl.com/support

Hope this helps,

Steve