Mail stuck in mqueue.in, help!

Max Kipness max at KIPNESS.COM
Fri Sep 3 21:37:01 IST 2004

>I'm not sure what caused it. The only thing I think of is that
>I hit ctrl-c when I got tired of waiting for a long rebuilding
>of the alias file with newaliases command. Now everytime I
>rebuild it takes at least 1 minute. I never noticed this before.
>
>I have over 340 messages in mqueue.in so I guess this means
>that MailScanner is not processing? I see no errors in the maillog.
>
>Can someone give me some pointers on how to troubleshoot what
>the problem might be as mail is being held up for several
>domains right now!

>Your alias file is that big?  I think I'd try stopping
>MailScanner, deleting your aliases.db and rebuild it and then
>start MailScanner.  I'd be interested to see some log
>entries...particularly those that show up immediately upon
>starting MailScanner.  Do you see any lines that mention your
>aliases file?

I've rebuilt the alias file, looked through the MAQ and all I can find is
info on debug mode, which doesn't seem to work. I set 'debug=yes' in
mailscanner.conf and then restarted the service from the console and see
nothing. I see nothing extra in the maillog either. How should this work?

At this point I still have everything stuck in mqueue.in. In the logs,
MailScanner keeps reporting that there are so many messages in the queue,
and that it it scanning 90. It keeps saying that it's scanning 90, but
obviously it's not.

If anybody could think of any other resolution or method to troubleshoot
this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Max