Problem with Mailscanner+Postfix+xls+dbf+Outlook atachements

Botescu-Fianu Adrian sleepy at radiotel.ro
Fri Sep 3 20:53:08 IST 2004

A have postfix, postfix.in and mailscanner with bitdefender on my mail
server and I really like this combination. A found that some atachements,
especialy EXCEL and Foxpro files that was sent with outlook are corrupt
when the recipient trie to open them after successfully download. This
problem apear only if the sender use Outlook. I tried to use my webmail or
yahoo and all was OK.

I thot that is a problem with TNEF expander so I downloaded the last
version of Mailscanner, I compilled it with the last version of TNEF. The
situation was the same.

I tried Expand TNEF= no in mailscanner.conf but the attachements were
corrupted also. I tried Tnefexpander = internal but the same problem. So
there is no problem with TNEF?

If I say Virus Scanning = no the attachements sent with Outlook are ok
when I open them in Windows.

I really like MailScanner and I do not want to use now something different
like amavis but until tomorrow  I have to figure a solution. So by any
chance does someone have a solution for my problem.

Dr.Botescu-Fianu Adrian

---
Mesajul a fost scanat de MailScanner
impotriva virusilor si a continutului