MailScanner not scanning...

Mike Pelley mike at PELLEYS.COM
Fri Sep 3 17:42:43 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Hi All.

I'm in the process of tearing my hair out.  The installation is on a
fresh Fedora Core 2 system running Postfix 2.8.18-4 with MailScanner
4.33.3-1.  MailScanner was installed via the RPM.  I've gone through the
configuration over and over and I can't figure out what is missing.  The
mail DOES go through, but it seems that there is no scanning at all
ocurring.  I've configured it to use McAfee as the antivirus agent, but
the EICAR files go through without being tagged as infected.  McAfee via
the command line does find the viruses.

I have this running on an older Red Hat 8 server with Postfix and I get
the messages in the /var/log/maillog file such as:

Sep  3 14:07:20 sparta MailScanner[8648]: New Batch: Scanning 1
messages, 5194 bytes
Sep  3 14:07:20 sparta MailScanner[8648]: Virus and Content Scanning:
Starting
Sep  3 14:07:21 sparta MailScanner[8648]: Uninfected: Delivered 1 messages

However, I don't see anything like this on the new box.

Anyone have any ideas what is happening?

Thanks,
Mike